- The presented genre will affect the non-presented
- Genre (v)=act
- Social-genre chain (one genre sets off a domino effect), (address books vs. contacts lists), etiquette (being considerate of others).
- Culture affects genre and visa versa
- Genre has many social implications depending on the situation
- Situation affects genre
- Using for purpose
- Fixed and dynamic
- The reason genres are fixed is because they are historical and ideological.
- The reason genres are dynamic is because they are rhetorical, social, situated, and cultural.
- Genre chain
- Social relates to the word etiquette
- Certain ways of acting according to genre in certain social situations
Genre cannot be categorized or defined; it can be characterized and described.